JOBS AT BETTY&SMITH
Betty&Smith, a boutique communications firm in Washington, DC, is seeking an Account Associate to join our fast-growing team. We partner with foundations, non-profits, trade associations, and advocacy groups to bring their stories to life in relatable, compelling ways.
The Account Associate will work on key client accounts, supporting team leads and moving the work forward. The Account Associate will also help manage the day-to-day operations of the firm while engaging in some of the most pressing issues of our time, including access to affordable health care, early childhood development, and intergenerational poverty.
We are the epitome of a team-driven environment. The phrase “that’s not my job” isn’t in our vocabulary. We all pitch in. We are looking for someone who is excited to contribute and has a passion for value-driven campaigns and causes. The work will rarely look the same day-to-day, but you can count on working in a supportive and communicative environment with other hard-working go-getters.
The Account Associate will join a team of strategists and changemakers with a passion to make people’s lives better, healthier, and happier. Betty&Smith cultivates a workplace rooted in collaboration, creativity, authenticity, and opportunity. Risk-taking and bold thinking are encouraged.
- Support team members with day-to-day account management, including updating workplans and developing and circulating meeting agendas and notes
- Draft, copyedit, and review client deliverables such as message guides, advertising copy, PowerPoint presentations, and more
- Coordinate daily schedules and deadlines across the team and maintain the organization of internal and external documents
- Help manage client billing processes, including updating internal billing documents and monthly budget tracking
- Provide administrative support to team members to advance client work including scheduling, booking travel, organizing files, managing expense reports, and more
- Stay up to date on the national political and issue landscape and dialogue
Qualifications and Experience
This is an entry level position, but open to a range of individuals with limited professional experience up to 1-2 years of experience.
- Some professional or academic experience in communications, writing, project management campaigns (political or issue-based), marketing, or digital engagement
- Ability to write in a clear and succinct style
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with an appreciation for proper grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail and ability to keep work organized and prioritized
- Interest in furthering progressive causes such as health care reform, criminal justice reform, combatting climate change, and supports for children and families, such as paid family leave, childcare, Medicaid, and SNAP
- Strong curiosity in and knowledge of the current political and issue landscape and national dialogue
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, media, and staff members
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take complex issues and quickly craft easily understood written material
- General understanding of and curiosity in campaign communications planning and tactics with a particular affinity for digital communications
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in communications, marketing, political science, or related field
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign is preferred but not required. Familiarity with WordPress is a plus but not required
- Low-ego, patient, and compassionate, with a desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Communicative and emotionally intelligent
- Enjoys working in a team environment that fosters staff growth
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter who can learn, over time, to anticipate needs in a fast-moving environment
- A strong sense of humor and fun
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, 401K, and substantial vacation time off.
Submit a cover letter and resume online to email@example.com. The cover letter should be concise, compelling and outline why you are the right person for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Betty&Smith is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.